Find a Sleep Therapist in Texas
If you are not getting the quality of sleep you need every night, it will make your life much harder. According to America's Health Rankings, 33.2% of Texans do not get enough sleep. If your body is not cooperating with your sleep cycle, there is no way that you can function properly during the day. A lack of proper rest can lead to fatigue, poor concentration, mood swings and even substantial weight gain. The good news is that there are many different treatment options in Texas available for people who suffer from a sleep disorder.
Our expert sleep therapists have no wait and can talk as soon as today. We take insurance in Texas and have affordable self-pay options! You can learn about by clicking to our home page.
Sleep Disorders in Texas
A Texas-based Sleep Therapist can identify your condition and guide you through therapy options so that you can finally get the rest you deserve! Sleep disorders can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Stress and anxiety
- Depression or other mood disorders
- Substance abuse (including alcohol and drugs)
- Sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome or narcolepsy.
Sleep Apnea vs Insomnia
Sleep apnea is a condition in which your airway becomes blocked while sleeping and you stop breathing momentarily. This can happen hundreds of times during one night, causing you to wake up feeling tired and irritable. Insomnia occurs when it takes longer than 30 minutes for you to fall asleep or stay asleep at night—and it can have many different causes. There are also other sleep disorders that affect your ability to rest comfortably, such as restless leg syndrome (RLS), periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) and sleep paralysis.
The good news is that most people with these conditions can get relief from their symptoms by working with a professional who understands how they function inside the body as well as outside of it!
Get Sleep Therapy in Texas
If you have a hard time getting the proper sleep that you need to function, it's for good reason. Your body needs all the help it can get when it comes to feeling rested and energetic throughout the day. Sleep is one of the most important things in your life, but many people don't realize just how much sleep plays into their overall well-being and health. The following are just some of the ways that poor quality or lack of sleep affects you:
- Mood - Without adequate rest, we become moody, irritable and more prone to anger management issues
- Energy level - Lack of sleep makes us feel drowsy during the day which limits our energy levels
- Concentration – We may find ourselves struggling with concentration while trying to focus on tasks at hand such as working out or studying for a test or presentation; this often leads us making mistakes because we're not focused properly on what needs done at hand
- Health – Poor sleep can lead to serious health issues such as diabetes (which is caused by high blood sugar levels), heart disease (caused by plaque build up inside the arteries), stroke (a ruptured artery leading brain tissue) etcetera.
Trouble Sleeping: Common in Texas
If you're having trouble sleeping, you may have a sleep disorder. It's important to see a sleep specialist if you're having trouble getting enough restful sleep. A sleep specialist can help determine what's causing your sleeplessness and recommend the right treatment option for your specific condition.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) lists several types of common sleep disorders:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a condition where breathing becomes shallow and interrupted while sleeping. The AASM says that approximately 4% of adults are affected by OSA.
- Restless Leg Syndrome causes unpleasant tingling sensations in the legs that make it difficult to relax during slumber time due to an urge to move them around; this is usually more common in women who've been pregnant at least once before experiencing symptoms for the first time.
- Narcolepsy affects about 1% of the population in North America; it causes sudden loss of muscle tone accompanied by uncontrollable periods when falling asleep or waking up without warning during normal activities such as driving or eating dinner with friends/family members present at home/work sites nearby respectively."
Sleep is an essential part of our health and well-being. When we don’t sleep enough, or when we are not getting high quality sleep, we may feel tired, have trouble concentrating and performing at work or school, have difficulty remembering things, and find it hard to stay focused.
If you are having trouble sleeping because of stress or anxiety issues that affect your daytime functioning then there is hope! The expert Texas sleep therapists at Dawn Health will help you get the rest you need.
Sleep specialists from Dawn can improve your quality of life by providing treatment options for your sleep disorder.
Sleep is one of the most important aspects of our lives, and it’s important to make sure that we are getting enough sleep. If you think that you may have a sleep disorder and want to seek treatment for it, then contact a Dawn sleep specialist today!
Therapist specializing in applying CBT principles for the treatment of insomnia.
It’s time to stop blaming the night monsters.
Let’s work together to transform your sleep for the better.